3018.1.1 : Practice of Management
The graduate explains the theoretical bases, current knowledge, best practices, and trends related to the practice of management.
3018.1.2 : Theories of Leadership
The graduate uses contemporary theories of leadership to develop personal leadership skills based on a personal leadership philosophy.
3018.1.3 : Sustaining Business Performance
The graduate applies management and leadership theories for long-term global-business success.
3018.1.4 : Organizational Performance Methods
The graduate analyzes appropriate methods to improve organizational performance.
For this task, you will conduct an evaluation of your personal leadership effectiveness. You will write a paper evaluating your own leadership using a scholarly leadership theory. To help you refine your own leadership skills, you will develop at least two SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound) goals as part of your evaluation.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Write a paper (suggested length of 6–10 pages) by doing the following:
A. Provide a PDF copy of your “Signature Themes” report after completing the CliftonStrengths assessment.
1. Reflect on the results of the five categorical strengths from your CliftonStrengths assessment, including what those results might indicate about your leadership. My 5 strengths from my clifton strength survey are Responsibility, Relator, Discipline, Focus and Achiever.
B. Evaluate your leadership, using one of the scholarly leadership theories below, by doing the following:
• transformational leadership- This is me!!
• transactional leadership
• situational leadership
• participative leadership
• servant leadership
• behavioral leadership
• trait theory of leadership
1. Evaluate three strengths of your leadership, using the chosen scholarly leadership theory, including how each strength relates to the theory. Support the evaluation of your strengths with at least one scholarly source.
2. Evaluate three weaknesses of your leadership, using the chosen scholarly leadership theory, including how each weakness relates to the theory. Support the evaluation of your weaknesses with at least one scholarly source.
3. Recommend three actionable items to improve the effectiveness of your leadership, including how each actionable item relates to the chosen scholarly leadership theory. Support the recommendations of actionable items with at least one scholarly source.
Note: A scholarly source could be a reputable journal, a published book, or any source from a university faculty member or business leader. Scholarly sources also include any article or book in the online WGU library.
C. Discuss two short-term goals that will help improve your leadership. Adhere to the SMART criteria for each goal: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound.
1. Discuss at least two specific actions you will take to reach each of the SMART goals discussed in part C.
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
3018.1.1 : Practice of Management